Labels

tasting notes (39) brewing (35) beer review (26) yeast (16) hops (12) breweries (10) Beer Geek Night (9) malt (6) beer names (5) brewing gear (4) festival (2) MtG (1) games (1) macro (1)

zondag 16 september 2012

Go forth, and multiply

My yeast is doing good. Not great, if I'm to believe the words of more experienced brewers, but good enough to make my happy.

It's been five days since I kidnapped a few milliliters of yeast out of a Moinette bottle, and it looks like they're doing fine. Scaling up the volume of wort to allow the yeast to propagate has brought me to about 400ml of yeast primer now. With six more days to go till brewing day, I'm in good spirits alright.

Time to look for a bigger apartment


Some carbonation going on, with a steady stream of tiny bubbles rising from the slurry at the bottom to the white foam on top. In fact, so much carbonation that I've replaced the screw-top cap with a wad of cotton. I've had some messy experience with exploding bottles of ginger beer in the past and I'm not going there again.

So tonight, the Saccharomyces family are moving out, and into a bigger vessel.

Stay tuned!

Greetz

Jo

 

Geen opmerkingen: